AJP Work with College Campuses and Students
I am thrilled to inform you about a unique and empowering opportunity for college students — the JPAC Campus Council! JPAC is offering a chance for passionate college students to actively engage in civic matters and advocate for change directly at the heart of California's decision-making process, the State Capitol. As a Jewish college student myself, I know we need to raise our voices now more than ever.
Participants in this program will:
- Lobby at the Capitol: Engage directly with state legislators, making a real impact on California's policies and initiatives.
- Network with Leaders: Connect with students and Jewish leaders from all over California, fostering valuable relationships for the future.
- Develop Advocacy Skills: Learn effective strategies to become influential change-makers in public policy.
- Enhance Resumes: Gain hands-on civic engagement experience, enriching their professional profiles and future opportunities.
- Amplify Campus Voices: Serve as liaisons, elevating your campus's concerns and issues to a larger platform.
This opportunity is not just a chance to enhance advocacy skills and resumé-build, but also an empowering experience that encourages students to contribute significantly to building a better world.
We will have monthly meetings on Zoom, culminating in person in Sacramento for JPAC Capitol Summit, May 14-15, 2024.
Capitol Summit is a particularly impactful experience. We will hear from some of the state’s most powerful lawmakers and activists, practice and participate in direct lobbying, and have access to exclusive networking opportunities with elected officials, Jewish organizational leaders, and lay leaders from across the state. JPAC provides scholarships for Capitol Summit members, covering registration, hotel, and flight costs!
If you know any college students who might be interested, please encourage them to fill out this form. We look forward to welcoming enthusiastic individuals to join us on this journey.
JPAC Student Fellow